Every year I go through the emotionally tortuous task of putting together The Magical Buffet’s Favorite Things list. Honestly, I do not know how Oprah does it. However, I will tell you this, every year I feel smugly superior to Oprah because I know my list is filled with 100%, guaranteed bad ass things, that just about any person can afford. No surprise bougie, overpriced items here. I am truly, the people’s favorite things list maker.
By the mid-point of this year I knew it was going to be hard to do this list. The first draft had 21 entries that I needed to whittle down to 10. I even cheated and clustered some together and still had a bunch to eliminate. This list is pulled from my favorite things featured on The Magical Buffet’s website since the 2019 list was published. So, the things featured here may not have been produced in 2020, but they were featured on the site in 2020.
I am providing the links to each entry’s original post on The Magical Buffet website. There you will also find links to places you can purchase these items, because holidays.
With no further ado, and presented in no particular order, here are The Magical Buffet’s Favorite Things 2020!
1. SO MUCH FOOD AND DRINK MAGIC! This year on the site I was able to review 4 different books that encourage you to incorporate magic into mealtime. This is an expanding magical niche that I am thrilled to see.
“The Magick of Food: Rituals, Offerings, and Why We Eat Together” by Gwion Raven
“Witchcraft Cocktails: 70 Seasonal Drinks Infused with Magic & Ritual” by Julia Halina Hadas.
“A Kitchen Witch’s Guide to Recipes for Love & Romance” by Dawn Aurora Hunt
“Blackthorn’s Botanical Brews” by Amy Blackthorn
3. “Crystal Basics: The Energetic, Healing & Spiritual Power of 200 Gemstones” by Nicholas Pearson (aka, the only crystal book you’ll ever need)
4. “The Hoodoo Tarot” by Tayannah Lee McQuillar, the most informative tarot deck ever!
5. “Magical Symbols and Alphabets: A Practitioner’s Guide to Spells, Rites, and History” by Sandra Kynes, an amazing resource!
6. “The Green Witch’s Grimoire: Your Complete Guide to Creating Your Own Book of Natural Magic” by Arin Murphy-Hiscock, she thinks of EVERYTHING when it comes to grimoire creation.
7. “Modern Witchcraft: Goddess Empowerment for the Kick-Ass Woman” by Deborah Blake, a fantastic introduction to female fueled witchcraft.
8. “Travels to the Otherworld and Other Fantastic Realms” by Claude and Corinne Lecouteux, because Lecouteux will ALWAYS be on the list!
9. “Magic: A History: From Alchemy to Witchcraft from the Ice Age to the Present” by Chris Gosden, the book on the history of magic that I have been waiting for!
10. “The Hermetic Science of Transformation: The Initiatic Path of Natural & Divine Magic” by Giuliano Kremmerz
I would also be remiss if I did not mention the year’s limited-edition Magical Buffet merchandise featuring frenemies Krampus and Saint Nicholas! This vintage art inspired collection will be gone New Year’s Day, so get it while the getting is good! https://www.cafepress.com/themagicalbuffet
Do you enjoy The Magical Buffet? Considering supporting The Magical Buffet on Patreon! For only $5 a month you’ll receive monthly tarot/oracle forecasts, classes, and behind the scenes updates! https://www.patreon.com/magicalbuffet