1. You’re originally from Russia, but you’ve been in the United States for a while now. Was it difficult adjusting to Miami after Moscow?
When I’m in Miami or Los Angeles, as a Russian I can feel like a stranger there. It is different, but I love Miami! It’s like a never ending party. My true inspirations are sunrises and sunsets there. I also love the clubs in Miami, it’s like energy lives there forever and people really enjoy it to the fullest. I did some performances in Miami and I loved it so much!
2. I hear there is quite a Russian dance music scene, have you had the chance to go back and be a part of it?
I’m currently located in Los Angeles working on my music, but I travel a lot to Moscow and am actually here right now :). Hopefully I will be performing here soon too.
3. How did you end up partnering with such a respected name as Dave Audé on “One Last Kiss”?
I love having positive, creative people around! Dave is an amazing person, great husband and father – I love and respect those qualities in a person!
“One Last Kiss” – Official Video
4. Were you excited to learn that both R3hab and Sick Individuals wanted to remix “One Last Kiss”?
These guys are so talented and I love their sound! They are energetic and very unique characters with unique personalities – I love that the most! I was freaking screaming!! haha!!!!!
“One Last Kiss” – R3hab Remix
“One Last Kiss” – Sick Individuals Remix
5. Is it weird hearing your song remixed?
I don’t think it’s weird because I love to work with other song writers too. It makes me feel like we are making history – so cool!
6. There is a lot choreography in the video for “One Last Kiss”, how hard was the video shoot?
It was a lot of work! But I have been dancing my entire life and love expressing myself through body language.
7. What kind of music do you enjoy dancing to?
I love rock music, Bon Jovi is my favorite rock musician. I came to the USA to do a rock project. Something like a Blonde Jovi in a sexy skirt :).
I also adore Kylie Minogue. She is real unbelievable – feminine woman, sexy diva. Icon!
8. The other day I was in a really rotten mood getting ready for work. While in the shower I started humming a tune and it cheered me up. That tune was “One Last Kiss”. No question, I just really wanted to tell you that.
9. What are you working on next that my readers can look forward to?
My next single to be released will be “Believe.” It’s a very spiritual song about our destiny, our stories—our past and future, our all or nothing! It’s about love and power of love, which can heal everything in this world! Empathy and perception!
You can also look out for a full length album soon!
10. Parting shot! Ask us here at The Magical Buffet any one question.
What is your favorite type of music? Do you have a favorite DJ?
I like all kinds of music depending on my mood. For dance/electronic, lately I’ve been listening to Swedish House Mafia’s “Until Now” album, Diplo, the album “18 Months” from Calvin Harris, everything from Robyn, and Madonna’s “Hard Candy” album”.
About Irina Shapiro:
Irina was born in the Russian capital of Moscow, with performing arts always at the center of her life. She began singing at the age of three, and was constantly involved in theater while in school. At the age of six, Irina sang in the school choir as a mezzo-soprano and started to learn English.
At 18, Irina attended a university in Russia, acquiring her first degree in economics and second in psychology. Though she was busy with her studies, she managed to find time for what she describes as a “hobby.” For many years, she had written poems, but now Irina began to write songs. She continued writing, something she devoted more time to when she was in her mid-20s, but soon learned that her family had decided to move to the US to start a new business. Not wanting to be separated from her relatives, Irina moved with.
On a trip to Los Angeles, Irina’s fate changed for good. Irina met Mikey Minden, creative director for the Pussycat Dolls, which launched the start of her pop project. Together, Irina and Mikey worked on a hot club dance style and Irina’s first single, the original song “Something About You,” was released in the US. The song quickly debuted on Billboard’s Hot Dance Club Play chart and remained on the list for a number of weeks, peaking at No. 40.
Now, Irina’s second single “One Last Kiss” has made its debut, and she is gearing up for the launch of her third original track, “Believe.”
- Place related post plugin php here...