The Pluralism Project at Harvard University has announced their 2nd Annual Pluralism Project Photo Contest. I’m sharing their press release because I think this is an excellent opportunity for many of the wonderful individuals and organizations that The Magical Buffet has worked with to come out and mingle with other communities. Albeit virtual mingling, through photos. Feh! The folks over at The Pluralism Project are doing some great work and I want to give my readers the opportunity to be a part of it!
Here’s the info:
We invite you and your students, networks, and organizations to participate in our second annual Pluralism Project Photo Contest. We are looking for high-resolution digital images that convey the vibrancy of religious diversity in the USA. We are particularly interested in images in the following categories:
* Religious practices and rituals
* Religious centers, including festivals, center openings, and parades
* Participation of religious groups in American civic life
* Interfaith encounter or social action
* Women’s leadership and participation
* Emerging leadership within Muslim and Sikh communities
* Historic and present day images of the Atheist/Humanist, Bahá’í, Confucian, Native American, Shinto, Taoist, and Zoroastrian communities in the US
One grand-prize winner will be selected; the winning photographer will receive a $250 cash prize and an extended exposé in the spotlight on our homepage,
All winning photos will be featured in our forthcoming online publication, On Common Ground: World Religions in America 2.0 and on our homepage slideshow over the course of one year, beginning September 1, 2011. The photographer’s name, as well as the location of the image will accompany any digitally published images.
In order to participate, you must:
* be the photographer of the image
* grant the Pluralism Project rights to use the image on our website
* have the permission of those persons in the picture, if applicable
Entries must be submitted via email to email@example.com by 5 PM on August 1, 2011. Photos should be sent as an attachment. Please put “contest” in the subject line.
In the body of the email, please include:
* your name and title
* relationship to the Pluralism Project, if any
* addresses – mailing and email
* phone number
* a brief caption, including location of the image(s), when the image(s) was/were taken, and what is happening (2-3 sentences)
* a brief statement indicating that you were the photographer, and that you grant the Pluralism Project the rights to use the image(s) on our website, if selected.
Submissions of more than 10 photos should be sent on CD-ROM to:
The Pluralism Project
2011 Photo Contest
2 Arrow Street, 4th Floor
Cambridge, MA 02138
Information also available at: http://www.pluralism.org/pages/contest