As most of you know, for our one year anniversary we decided that it would be fun for me to be the 10 Questions interview. We received lots of fun questions, which Jim merrily selected his favorite from. Shira from Handfastings.org definitely was the winner in quantity; she gave us more than what you see here! Then we thought this would be also be a good time to revisit questions from past issues. Some things have changed or warrant updating and this seemed like the perfect place to do that. Enjoy!
1. What does “magical” mean to you? From Shira, of www.handfastings.org
Magical means many things to me, as I’m sure it does for most people. I think advanced mathematics and physics is magical, probably because I could never hope to understand all of it. Creation in all its forms is magical to me, whether it’s a song or a new life. What Will Hobbs does for us every month is magic. In many ways I find the Constitution and Bill of Rights magical. The fact that such simple documents can just as effectively govern us today as when they were written is more than magical to me, it’s a miracle! Um, also unicorns.
2. If you could have only one dish at the buffet, which would it be? From Paul, of www.roundskymusic.com (Issue 7)
Original Answer: Mash potatoes and gravy. No question.
Updated Answer: I’ve recently discovered the endless joy of Paneer Makhani.
3. What animal is more cuddly than a cat? From Shira, of www.handfastings.org
Dogs. I think cats are evil and secretly plot to kill their owners in the night so that they can inherit.
4. If you could go back in time and spend one day with someone from the past on an important day in their lives who would it be and what day? From Rebecca, of www.tarottrad.com (Issue 2)
Original Answer: This was a really hard question! But after a lot of changing my mind I finally decided to commit. I’m going to say that I would have LOVED to have been at the side of the stage when Johnny Cash performed at Folsom Prison. It was such a definitive moment for him and the landscape of music. I’m a big Cash fan, if you haven’t guessed!
Updated Answer: This one is silly perhaps, but I would have loved to have been with Kathy Griffin when she won her Emmy and made her infamous not thanking Jesus speech. That had to have been awesome to see live, unfolding before your eyes. And I love Kathy, so any excuse to hang out works for me.
5. What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow? From Justin, friend and subscriber
African or European. That’s right, I watch Monty Python.
6. If there was one thing about the way the eclectic communities (pagans, wiccans, etc) are perceived that you could change through your efforts here at The Magical Buffet, what would it be? From Greg, of www.whatgregeats.com
My main goal with The Magical Buffet is to try and show people that at the end of the day, regardless of our differences, we’re still very much the same. Thanks to The Magical Buffet, I’ve gotten to know a lot of different people. I’ve spent time with Wiccans, Spiritualists, Christians, and more. After initial introductions you know what we discuss? Traffic, movies, music, recipes, etc. When I talk to people outside of the Wiccan/Pagan community, they assume that when I spend the day with, let’s say, Trinity Temple all we talk about is religion. The last time I spent time with the folks at Trinity Temple, the main topic of conversation was comparing the differences of local elementary schools. Wiccans are more than their faith, just like a Jew is more than their faith. Hopefully by discussing the beliefs of different people in a light-hearted way it highlights the fact that we all have universal things in common and that differences do not need to be feared.
7. Who’s the black private dick who’s a sex machine with all the chicks? From Shira, of www.handfastings.org
SHAFT! (He’s one bad…shut your mouth!)
8. How do you like your NNYPRS swag? (Can we see a pic of you or your “boss” modeling it?) From Merrill, of www.nnyprs.com (Issue 3)
Original Answer: It seems unlikely that I’m going to get a picture of my boss wearing his gift from www.nnyprs.com. I mean, he hasn’t even received it as a gift yet!
Updated Answer: My boss has now received his khaki NNYPRS baseball cap and I’m pleased to say he wears it regularly.
9. What is your most outrageous wish for The Magical Buffet? From Rose, of www.rose-rosetree.com
It’s really not that outrageous. One day I hope The Magical Buffet can generate enough revenue that I can quit my job and devote all of my time to it. I wouldn’t call that outrageous, but that is my biggest wish right now.
10. How do I subscribe to your magazine? From Every Tenth New My Space Friend
Our My Space page is to help us make new friends and spread the word about The Magical Buffet. If you want to actually read real genuine Magical Buffet content, and subscribe, you can only find it at www.themagicalbuffet.com. Be our friend to support us and to get updates, but be a subscriber to get the magazine.