While contemplating what to say about Paul Avgerinos new album “Grace” I decided to look up the actual definition of the word grace on Dictionary.com.
1. elegance or beauty of form, manner, motion, or action
2. a pleasing or attractive quality or endowment
3. favor or goodwill.
4. a manifestation of favor, especially by a superior:
5. mercy; clemency; pardon:
6. favor shown in granting a delay or temporary immunity.
7. an allowance of time after a debt or bill has become payable granted to the debtor before suit can be brought against him or her or a penalty applied:
verb (used with object), graced, gracing.
14. to lend or add grace to; adorn:
15. to favor or honor:
to grace an occasion with one’s presence.
And yes, I found myself thinking, yes, I could feel most of these being evoked when listening to the album. With titles such as “Serenity”, “Guru’s Grace”, “Angelic Presence” and “Always Blessed” it’s not hard to imagine. “Grace” is a soothing, relaxing journey. What I enjoy the most is that each time I listen I’ll notice something I hadn’t heard before; a smooth drone buried in the background, or a playful twinkle flitting throughout a tune.
It should be noted that not only will listeners hear the talents of Avgerinos, but the album also features Grammy winners David Darling, Laura Sullivan and Ricky Kej!
Here is the song “Grace Is” from the album:
“Grace” from Paul Avgerinos is perfect for quiet reflection, yoga, meditation, work (I listen to it while writing), and I suspect much more. Consider giving it a try.
- Place related post plugin php here...