Text provided University Of Metaphysical Sciences
The University Of Metaphysical Sciences is a non-profit distance learning facility, offering downloadable courses from the internet or delivered via postal mail. Study at your own pace while you work, stay at home, or travel. University Of Metaphysical Sciences brings professionalism to the field of metaphysics. The curriculum is designed to give the student a well-rounded education in all areas of metaphysics. As a practitioner, healer, teacher, writer or leader, the graduate will be more effective in his or her work with others. The credentials are within your reach. Become a true professional in the growing field of metaphysics, and do your part to lead the world into peace and a higher understanding of life.
UMS has approximately 1,000 students world wide in multitudes of countries. Each day several more people enroll at UMS, and it is growing exponentially as its reputation as the best school of its kind travels far and wide. UMS has set new standards in the field of metaphysics that other schools have not yet been able to achieve. University Of Metaphysical Sciences is unlike any other metaphysical school because it cares more about humanity than money and provides the greatest possible curriculum yet operates with the essence of a true non-profit organization in a “break even” format so that it can keep its prices as low as possible for the true education that it offers. No other metaphysical education compares to UMS.
* University Of Metaphysical Sciences is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization dedicated to assisting people in becoming knowledgeable about metaphysical concepts and discovering the true self.
* University Of Metaphysical Sciences has made its program affordable for people of all walks of life, keeping tuition prices low, and creating payment plans for every budget.
* University Of Metaphysical Sciences is here to help the student answer his or her calling in assisting the human population in its spiritual evolution and awakening, giving the student knowledge, experiential practice, and legitimate credentials.
* University Of Metaphysical Sciences purposely designed courses for the distance learner so that relocation is not necessary and attendance in person is not required. The student can study on his or her own schedule rather than a schedule set by a university.
* University Of Metaphysical Sciences is dedicated to assisting spiritual teachers as they pursue their life purpose and life work, learn to live with integrity and grace, and teach others how to do the same.
* University Of Metaphysical Sciences is a facility for spiritual learning, whether the student seeks knowledge for personal growth or goes on to become a metaphysical teacher, writer, minister, workshop facilitator or other type of healer.
* University Of Metaphysical Sciences believes that the healer must be whole before true efficiency in helping others is attained.
* University Of Metaphysical Sciences gives the student vast amounts of academic information so that the student is well versed in the wide variety of material and techniques many spiritual seekers are using in their efforts to heal themselves. The culmination of these studies is geared to assist the graduate in becoming a radiant, steady source of love and grace through self healing and introspection.
* University Of Metaphysical Sciences provides courses to fill in the gaps that might have been missed by the more advanced student who has studied on his or her own.
* University Of Metaphysical Sciences is a metaphysics university level school teaching new age concepts, including holistic theology, enlightenment, spiritual education, and meditation classes. Much research has gone into every course. Metaphysic classes are an excellent way to go for any spiritual seeker on the path to the truth of the self, leading to a metaphysical degree which can assist the graduate in his or her spiritual work after graduation from this metaphysical college.
The courses are designed to give the graduate a broad understanding of metaphysics and metaphysical subjects. The material spans several religions and belief systems so that the graduate will be well versed in the ideas many parts of the population hold. It is important for the student to be exposed to all areas of spirituality for a broader understanding of human nature.
Some of the courses are meant simply for the student’s self-introspection and self-inquiry, which is a necessary and ongoing practice for any teacher, healer, or leader. Audio meditations will serve the student for many years.
The student is highly encouraged to investigate more deeply the subjects that interest him or her. Recommended reading is given on every subject in the curriculum for further study, although it is not required, and a complete bibliography of reference material is given.
The graduate will have a resource of lists, diagrams, exercises and information which can be referred to anytime the need comes up in his or her professional practice. For instance, many of the courses have easy to use reference lists like the properties of herbs, sacred symbols, dream symbol indexes, and other quick access reference lists that the student will find useful.
Bachelors Degree Curriculum:
Consciousness I: 25 credits
CS103 Metaphysical Communication & Problem Solving Methods
CS104 Affirmations & Reprogramming
CS105 Shadow Work
CS106 Transforming Personality
CS107 Emotional Well-Being
CS108 First Causes-Core Issues
CS109 Inner Child Work For Adults
CS110 Anger Management
Metaphysical Health Studies I: 15 credits
HS102 Juicing, Fasting & Cleansing
HS102 Pranayama & The Art Of Breathing
HS103 Herbs & Natural Medicines
World Religions: 25 credits
WR101 Overview Of World Religions
WR102 Great Spiritual Teachers, Gurus & Yogis
WR103 Mystical Beginnings Of Christianity
WR104 Native American Traditions
WR105 Gods, Goddesses & Mythology
WR106 Wizards, Magical Creatures & Adepts
WR108 Shamanism: Indigenous Worldviews
Meditation Skills: 15 credits
MS101 Overview Of Meditation
MS102 Hypnosis: Self & Others
MS103 Colors & Symbols
MS104 Unlocking Imagination
MS105 Mantras & Mudras
Intuitive Skills I: 25 credits
IT101 Chakras & Auras
IT102 Psychic Skills, ESP
IT103 Divination Systems
IT104 Channeling Skills I
IT105 Crystals & Gemstones
IT106 Astrology Basics
IT108 Connecting With Angels
Miscellaneous Courses I: 25 credits
DR100 Dreams & Dreaming
CM100 Course In Miracles
RC100 Reincarnation, Past/Future/Simultaneous
MF100 Manifesting Skills
EM100 Energy Of Money
CP100 Creative Project
10 Electives: 10 credits
Masters Degree Curriculum:
Consciousness II: 20 credits
CS201 Metaphysics & Meditation For Children
CS203 Trauma & Recovery
CS204 Death & Dying
CS205 Metaphysical Technologies
Metaphysical Health Studies II: 25 credits
HS201 Spiritual Nutrition/Eating/Cooking
HS203 Physical Exercise For Spiritual Well-Being
Intuitive Skills II: 25 credits
IS201 Hypnosis II
IS202 Channeling Skills II
IS204 Unconditional Love
IS205 Astral Projection
IS206 Lucid Dreaming
IS207 Aura Viewing
IS208 Vibrational Healing
Career Skills: 15 credits
CA201 Finding Life Purpose/Life Work & Soul Agenda
CA202 Awakening To True Self
CA203 Leading A Meditation
CA204 Attracting Clients
CA205 Practitioner Ethics
CA206 Promoting Your Spiritual Business
CP200 Creative Project
5 Electives: 5 credits
5,000 Word Master’s Thesis
1 credit each
CW301 Writing In The Metaphysical Field
EA302 Emotional Art
FS 303 Feng Shui
GA304 Gaia, Mother Earth
AM305 Attracting Your Mate
UF307 UFOs & Extraterrestrials
EC308 Ear Candling
DO309 Dolphin Healing
CE310 Moon Ceremonies, Equinoxes, Solstices
TO311 Taoist Healing Arts
AR312 Altars & Rituals
FA313 Falun Gong
AY 314 Ayurveda
TA 315 Tantra
PO316 Polarity Therapy
LB317 Sacred Labyrinths
BR 318 Breatharianism
UR 319 Urantia Book
CS321 Coping w/Stress Using Mindfulness
MM323 Mary Magdalene
More Electives always being added…
Doctoral Degree Curriculum:
Your doctorate degree is based on your 10,000 word doctoral dissertation. The student is highly encouraged to pick a subject that he or she can truly expound upon with written text.
You can obtain your minister’s or reverend’s ordination in the Master’s Degree program. Ministerial Ordination is all you need to legally practice as a minister or religious counselor. The primary reason to acquire a doctoral degree is to establish a professional image of yourself as a person well educated in your chosen area of expertise, which is metaphysics. Obtaining a doctorate shows a deeper level of commitment, education, and professionalism. Most people seek out a “doctor” when looking for a counselor, not necessarily a reverend or minister, even though a reverend or minister can legally counsel people. With Doctorate credentials behind your name, you establish yourself as a “doctor” and can list yourself as such in the phone directory with other counselors, rather than as a minister or reverend only.
“With a degree in metaphysics from University Of Metaphysical Sciences you can become a Metaphysician. Career opportunities, metaphysics / metaphysical job: a Metaphysician helps people learn how to change their reality by working with the underlying thoughts and emotions that cause the problems and create manifestations of suffering. This is a different kind of doctor, one who works with the energy that creates disease and illness, rather than treating the resulting symptoms in the physical body or reality. It is most important to reach deeper into the roots of the problems, and by changing the inner landscape, the outer landscape, as pertains to the universal laws of nature, must change with it.” —Christine Breese, founder of UMS
*For more information on the specific degrees you can earn with University Of Metaphysical Sciences, please visit http://www.umsonline.org/Degrees.htm
“The diverse information University of Metaphysical Sciences offers is a gift to the soul. The need and desire for a college such as this has been long awaited. As the mother of a UMS student, I know this material is definitely broadening his awareness. I am very excited for his future!” —CS, mother
“I wish this kind of university was around in my younger days when I was first exploring the concepts and teachings in metaphysics. I have attended multitudes of workshops, read hundreds of self help books, and spent thousands of dollars on spiritual teachers, but nothing compares to the knowledge I have gained at the University Of Metaphysical Sciences so far, and I am not even finished with the program yet! It is presented in a very organized and easy to follow format, and I am truly enjoying my studies here at UMS.” —YP, UMS Student
“Thank you so much for all of the joy you have brought into my life with this course. I love it!! The courses are genuinely a gift that just keeps on giving… Thank you very much for founding the University and for all the work that you and your staff have put into it. For the first time in my life I have found a program that is truly a labour of love. This has all been a very rewarding, fulfilling, highly interesting, thought provoking, illuminating, joyful, humbling, satisfying and ineffable experience that continues to surpass all expectations. This program is a conduit that is changing my life for the better in so many ways. I am very grateful to be able to learn this material and I really just wanted to thank you for the exceptional work that you have done. Everything that you and your staff have done is outstanding.” —DI, UMS Student